VISIT DENVER | Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Associate Director of Marketing in the Marketing department. This position directs strategic and operational aspects of VISIT DENVER’s websites and interactive platforms, including user experience and interface, design, architecture, functionality and integration of content. Evaluates and integrates new technology across VISIT DENVER’s interactive platforms to advance bureau goals, including driving awareness, usage and conversion. Properties include main VISITDENVER.com website and associated sites for VISIT DENVER programs such as Denver Arts Week, Denver Restaurant Week and Mile High Holidays, as well as interactive platforms like email marketing and search engine optimization. Participates in developing strategy and directing implementation of efforts related to mobile technology and usage. Collaborates on social media and content efforts.
• Provides expertise in strategy development, planning and execution of web development efforts and supports department-wide interactive marketing efforts.
• Acts as primary point of contact for the bureau’s chosen website technology partners to ensure the on-going operations of the website and keep it bug-free and at peak speeds, working with the Bureau’s IT department when necessary.
• Project manages all web initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to: functional specifications/processes, schedule, software and technology interfaces, coordinating with various departments and vendors, department budget management, etc.
• Extensive work within Web Content Management System (CMS) provided by Simpleview.
• Working with search marketing vendor, leads the strategy and execution of the VISIT DENVER search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) conversion efforts with a mission to increase traffic from key search engines to our websites and to generate agreed-to actions on site through implementation of suggested SEO improvements and keyword buys.
• Oversees the creation and distribution of VISIT DENVER’s electronic newsletter programs, in collaboration with other departments.
• Advises on content integrity of websites and monitoring of live site content. Ensures site is displaying properly and providing a good user experience across devices. Maintains integrity of campaign landing pages.
• Manages and interprets website analytics to report on the performance of overall website health and success of specific initiatives including advertising campaigns.
• Recommends enhancements to improve success; oversees the on-going development and performance tracking of the denver.org family of websites.
• Drives the VISIT DENVER brand through its web/online presence; serves as final design check for visual and multimedia content of all websites and e-newsletters.
• Manages all web- and interactive-related third party contracts and vendors.
• Works closely with IT team on web infrastructure projects such as servers and databases.
• Responsible for domain management.
• Assists with other marketing projects on an as needed basis.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A four-year degree in Marketing, Tourism, Business, Communications or relevant field of study is required.
Minimum 3-5 years web operations experience required; additional marketing and/or public relations experience a plus; tourism, travel or related industry experience a plus.
• Presentation of the following accountabilities: leadership, communication, mentoring, empowerment, resource management and integrity.
• Strategic planning, financial and resource management and administration. Ability to develop and accomplish short and long term goals, objectives and plans.
• Proven experience with enterprise Content and Web managements systems.
• Broad functional knowledge and proficiency of web usability, design techniques and technologies including online video, flash, HTML/DHTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and/or other web-related applications.
• Broad functional knowledge of the operations of web servers and databases.
• Experience with email distribution tools.
• Prior experience using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, etc.
• Clear understanding of analysis and proven analytical ability to track multiple marketing initiatives, analyze results, and recommend changes.
• Advanced/expert understanding of search engine marketing practices, strategies, and optimization techniques, including experience in implementing keyword development, tracking, analysis, and optimization.
• Strong knowledge of best practices to optimize search including SEO methodologies, link and site architecture which includes proven success in link building and ranking targeted keywords.
• Proficient technology application skills; Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), email clients and web browsers.
• Solid understanding with cross browser and platform compatibility issues.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Proven problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level; proactive.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals.
• Maintain professional presence.
• Excellent command of the English language, oral and written.
• Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive; willingness to do what it takes to meet a timeline.
• Demonstrated creative thinker; ability to see the “big picture” and how all departments within the company are connected and work together.
• Must be able to sit for extended period of time
• Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis
How To Apply
Please apply at https://www.denver.org/careers/